The first service of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church took place on October 3, 1971 at the Green Bowl restaurant in Watertown. 163 were in attendance. On October 31st of that year, 132 men and women signed the constitution and, wasting no time, also made the decision to purchase a 16-acre site on East Main Street and Highway 16 bypass. A new sanctuary was dedicated in February of 1973. Preschool classes began in the fall of 1983. An educational wing with offices was dedicated in November of 1987, and another educational wing was added in the fall of 1999 housing spacious classrooms, a library, music room, youth room, health room, and preschool area. Good Shepherd Lutheran School opened in the fall of 2000.
God has richly blessed Good Shepherd over the years, with over 1100 members and over a hundred children in the school (K-8). To Him be the glory!